=

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Medical Astrology


Let's all get this straight, shall we? I am a firm believer in doctors, in going to the doctor, in non-optional medicine (all medicine is optional, but I think we can all agree that some is more optional that others) and taking aspirin. But as a kid, my parents did not believe in going to the doctor unless you were almost dying, so I was left on my own to deal with minor physical ailments: sore throats, colds, flus, cuts, burns, mysterious aches and pains. I found holistic healing, because basically, it was the 1970's/80's, there's a thousand books on it, and very little that you can do (and even do clumsily) that will make you any worse off.

What does all of this have to do with astrology?
What we now consider holistic or alternative medicine is actually more ancient than "new age." Back in the day, you wouldn't heal anyone with anything other than herbs, teas, roots, etc.

I'm talking about pre-bleeding days. People still thought about their health then too, seeing as they had long days in the fields to deal with, or castles to storm. Astrology has been around since the Greeks (Asklepius below).
And astrology, a symbolic language, has for almost that long been used to decipher what ails us. Following is a list from wikipedia of astrological sign rulerships on the human body:

* Aries - head, face, brain, eyes
* Taurus - throat, neck, thyroid gland, vocal tract
* Gemini - arms, lungs, shoulders, hands, nervous system
* Cancer - chest, breasts, stomach, alimentary canal
* Leo - heart, chest, spine, spinal column, upper back
* Virgo - digestive system, intestines, spleen, nervous system
* Libra - kidneys, skin, lumbar region, buttocks
* Scorpio - reproductive system, sexual organs, bowels, excretory system
* Sagittarius - hips, thighs, liver, sciatic nerve
* Capricorn - knees, joints, skeletal system
* Aquarius - ankles, calves, circulatory system
* Pisces - feet, toes, lymphatic system, adipose tissue


Now, what in the world are you supposed to do with that??? Well, start with the part of your body that's causing you pain. Today, it's my hands--I burned them twice in one day. Gemini rules the hands. My sun (sun=soul energy) sign is Gemini. Seeing as both burns were caused by carelessness, this is a message that I am not paying attention to what my soul really needs (diversity). If you're a Pisces and your feet hurt, then in life, you have to decide what is out of balance--have you been trying too hard lately, or taking it too easy?

So, armed with this information, one can augment traditional healing (for me, today, salve for my hand) with other practices--for Pisces, a nice nap.

1 Comments:

Blogger X. Dell said...

Sorry to hear that you burned your hand. This didn't involve candles, did it?

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me? BlogTagstic - Blog Directory iopBlogs.com, The World's Blog Aggregator