=

Monday, April 24, 2006

The Falun Gong Heckler and the Vandalized Newspaper Boxes

The first report of the heckler at the White House said she had credentials from a Falun Gong newspaper. I immediately knew they meant The Epoch Times, which is readily available here in downtown Manhattan in distinctive blue and yellow street boxes. I pick up a copy of the vehemently anti-Chinese weekly from from time to time to keep abreast of all things Falun Gong-ish. A couple of weeks ago I got one for lunch-time reading, and read about the concentration camps where the Chinese supposedly put the devotees after rounding them up, where they work them to death, and then sell the persecuted saps' organs.
I practiced for a bit Chi Kung, a meditative physical exercise and source of chi cultivation that forms the basis of Falun Gong. I kept up with their protests in Tianemen Square (late 1990s), which eventually led to the group's outright banning in China. Back then, I checked one of their main sites (unoperable now, it seems), and discovered there was lots more than exercise going there. Extraterrestrials were mentioned...
Anyway, I noticed that over the past few months several of the newspaper's street boxes down here had been vandalized--I wondered if secret agents from the Chinese consulate at 520 12th Ave. were responsible...

2 Comments:

Blogger X. Dell said...

Johnny, that main site sounds very important, but I can't seem to get the link to work properly. Since I'm probably doing something wrong, is there any way to post the URL here on the comments page?

7:29 PM  
Blogger Johnny said...

yeah, that link is screwed. I think since FG came into more prominence they had to appear more mainstream so as to make the Chinese government seem more evil.

2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me? BlogTagstic - Blog Directory iopBlogs.com, The World's Blog Aggregator