=

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Some Crazy Ideas

Sometimes you see or hear something weirdly interesting if just for a second and you keep it in the back of your brain intending to look it up "at some point." Well, of course, that "point" never comes. Here's a few oddball things I've heard or read a sentence about recently.

Monkeys de-volved from man.

The REAL reason the U.S. invaded Iraq was to get control of the ancient Sumerian technology that FAR surpassed ours.

The Big Bang spawned God, who then created everything else. (I thought about this in the context of Native American religion, which holds that there is a Creator, but there's a higher power called The Great Mystery.)

The Sphinx is a representation of a Neanderthal man.

Yeah, I'll have to look up this stuff at some point.

3 Comments:

Blogger X. Dell said...

Gee, I'm kinda wondering where you would start to look up stuff like this.

These are great story ideas, though. Since I've written a novella about an ancient relic with futuristic powers, the Sumerian story kinda appeals to me.

5:53 PM  
Blogger madameplushbottom said...

those are interesting thoughts. ever since I was very young I have wondered about words and who assigns definition. Like who decided that a small was a small and a large was a large and what if things were reversed - would the connotations that are associated with things follow the definitions? I believe that I must have jumped out of line when they were handing out "off switches" for brains... mine just keeps churning and churning these odd thoughts.

6:01 PM  
Blogger X. Dell said...

I have a friend who's still trying to figure out why we drive on parkways, but park on driveways.

6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me? BlogTagstic - Blog Directory iopBlogs.com, The World's Blog Aggregator