=

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Start Your Own Religion--Get Paid $5,000

I saw this ad on the back of this week's Village Voice:
HATE YOUR JOB? BE A GOD!
Documentary film offers $5000 to start your own religion. No experience required.
http://www.startyourownreligion.org

Catch is you have to be free two months this summer. From the site:
" The guru must devote at least 25 hours per week of those two months to research (such as visiting other religions), promoting the religion (including knocking on doors), development of religious materials, and practice of the religion. A doctrine, or commandments, or decree must be developed during that time. We will provide a $5,000 budget for the religion. After that's spent, the religion must exist on donations alone."

5 Comments:

Blogger X. Dell said...

You know, one of my students once suggested that I could be a cult leader. I guess this is my opportunity.

Then again, why would somebody latch onto, if not actually convert to, a religion that exists only for spectacle?

Ten thousand years from now archeologists are going to look at our civilization and think, "Geez!"

10:52 AM  
Blogger Suki said...

On the application page it says, "In one sentence, pitch your religion." All I can say is "Wow! What fun!" I damn near became a Priestess of Aphrodite last summer...what could I do this summer?

11:05 AM  
Blogger X. Dell said...

I've heard of Sikhism. So, now I'll hear about Sukism.

6:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow now we can all be God's and messiahs...


Suki: Can't resist...I know what you did last summer :)

10:16 PM  
Blogger Richard said...

This looks like a lot of fun, and who knows maybe you could have a new career. Do Gods or Goddess have to pay taxes? I'd like to apply for the position of High Priest please.

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me? BlogTagstic - Blog Directory iopBlogs.com, The World's Blog Aggregator